The TBEST Market Analysis functionality works to summarize the intensity and distribution of land use, socio-economic, and employment data for a given transit market in a custom scenario setting. Market Analysis can be performed on existing route, segments, and stops or on new routes, route alignments, or corridors to determine the viability of transit options in the area. The TBEST Market Analysis features are independent of the TBEST modeling capabilities and represent a new perspective on data within a given market-shed.
The TBEST Market Analysis contains the following features:
- Summarizes market conditions based on numerous land use and socio-economic indicators including trip potential, population, dwelling units, zero-vehicle households, employment and all existing TBEST socio-economic and land use variables.
- The user defines the market area either through TBEST area or by defining a buffer distance around a stop(s), segment(s), pattern(s), route(s) or the entire system.
- Provides the ability to calculate market trip potential based on land use categorization and ITE trip generation rates.
- Market summarization within an interactive map, chart and summary table display.
- System total comparative summary which provides a density map relative to the system density average for a variable.
- Data generated from the analysis can be exported for further analysis in ArcMap or other database or spreadsheet software.
- Applies socio-economic growth rates assigned to the scenario to simulate future year conditions.